How to Create a Storyboard in Video Marketing Campaigns
A storyboard acts as a blueprint for actions and dialogues in your marketing video. It’s very important part of a video marketing campaign. With an appropriate storyboard, a video marketing plan can be executed successfully. A storyboard offers an opportunity to showcase your Business story in a creative way and can make available a preview of how your video might look before actually creating it.
Video storyboard is an invaluable way to better understand the concept of your video campaign and is a chance to demonstrate that your video concept will work wonders or not.
It ensures you don’t miss important acts and scenes and guides to make a smooth and flawless video. It also helps to identify any errors if present in voice overs and media at an early stage. It is a great way to save time, energy and money during production of the marketing video.
Below are some of the mandatory steps to follow for creating a storyboard for your marketing video:
- Establishing a timeline for your proposed video is important as it lets you understand better and organise campaign accordingly. It will also ensure showing specific events of your video in chronological order.
- Know about the key scenes in your story before designing a storyboard. Knowing one’s story and way of telling it through video has to be visualized prior. Showing key moments to viewers will better grab their attention.
- By deciding upon the depth of expression or message you want to convey to your audience will help you plan your video and storyboard better. It is not necessary to create a detailed story but a crisp video depicting all meanings is important. It is considered that a 30 second marketing video should ideally have 15 frames. A good storyboard is very easy to understand and viewers appreciate it immensely.
- Adding a perfect script before creating storyboard is better and it helps to understand what to correctly draw for each action shot.
- Sketching thumbnails will help bring your story to life. Using a pencil can also be a great tool to draw animations sometimes rather than online mediums. This can be taken as an initial step to start visualizing story.
- Finalising a storyboard requires proper reviewing as it is vital. Any final changes if required should be made and also editing script if needed. The finished storyboard can be consulted with a family member or someone professional in order to know about the flow of story and is it understandable or not.
Get in touch
As a leading production business of animated marketing videos, vServices can help you create an amazing video that tells your story. E-mail us today or call our office on + 44 203 955 7851 for an informal chat about your video idea.